If humans are shaped by their environment, then this environment has to be made human
How I work
I don’t have any fancy words or pseudo-scientific graphs describing my methods and processes.
I am driven by curiosity and pragmatism.
I believe problems get solved by talking about them—a lot. Looking at the problem from every angle, discussing and debating it. I believe in deconstructing problems to solve them in collaboration with my clients.
Talking, understanding, collaborating. That’s my process.
Concepts & Art Direction
A strong and clear concept as at the core of every project. It is like the read thread running through the whole design procees. I believe in following this red thread without fuss or quibble, from sketch to production.
Strategic Design & Workshops
I help clients to fully understand their problem (because more often than not the assumed problem isn’t the real problem). I use collaborative workshops to create strategies, concepts, brands, digital products and visions.
I believe in sustainable design solution derrived from the problem, without styling and not following any Zeitgeist-Trends. My design process includes the handling of digital or analog production.
Creative Coding & Prototyping
Design and its digital representation in code are mutually inclusive. Often I handle the basic translation of my designs to frontend code myself. For more complex technical projects I work with a range of freelance frontend and backend developers.
- Brand Identity
- Digital Product Design
- Visual Research
- Frontend Development
- edenspiekermann_, Amsterdam
- Crolla Lowis, Aachen
- zweitag GmbH, Münster
- hosting.de GmbH, Aachen
- Kevin Biberbach, Köln
- Der Stur, Münster
- Hochschulradio Aachen e.V.
- Pohlen & Co, Aachen
- I focus on simple graphical solutions across traditional and new media—with a stress on typography and type design.
- I see projects as an opportunity to question the understanding of the underlying problem, finding solutions in the stretch of proven methods and experimental visual research.
- I believe in cooperations based on partnership—not working for a client but rather working with them.